Tuatapere Community Board

 

OPEN MINUTES

 

 

Minutes of a meeting of Tuatapere Community Board held in the Waiau Town and Country Club, 41 King Street, Tuatapere on Tuesday, 13 February 2018 at 5pm.

 

present

 

Chairperson

Margaret Thomas

 

Deputy Chairperson

Anne Horrell

 

Members

Stephen Crack

 

 

Blayne De Vries

 

 

Maurice Green

 

 

Councillor George Harpur

 

 

IN ATTENDANCE

 

Committee Advisor

Alyson Hamilton

 

Community Partnership Leader

Simon Moran

 

 


Tuatapere Community Board

13 February 2018

 

1             Apologies

 

Moved Member Crack, seconded Deputy Chairperson Horrell and resolved:

That the Tuatapere Community Board accept the apology for non-attendance from Member Sanford.

 

 

2             Leave of absence

 

There were no requests for leave of absence.

 

 

3             Conflict of Interest

 

There were no conflicts of interest declared.

 

 

4             Public Forum

 

There was no public forum.

 

 

5             Extraordinary/Urgent Items

 

There were no Extraordinary/Urgent items.

 

 

6             Confirmation of Minutes

 

Resolution

Moved Member Crack, seconded Member Green  and resolved:

That the minutes of Tuatapere Community Board meeting held on 12 December 2017 be confirmed as a true and correct record.

 

Reports

 

 

7.1

Council Report

Record No: R/18/1/2002

 

Simon Moran, Community Partnership Leader, presented the report.

 

Mr Moran advised the purpose of the report is to provide an overview of key issues across the Southland District, as well as high level local issues from various Council units.

 

Mr Moran informed the report highlighted various issues of interest including:

 

§  Central Government update

§  Southern Tourism Workshop

§  Health and Safety Policy update

§  Welcome Ambassador project update

§  Milford Opportunities Project

§  Long Term Plan 2018 - 2028

§  Dog Registration Amnesty

§  Proposed District Plan 2012 - operative 22 January 2018.

 

§  Bylaws Review

Mr Moran advised in October 2017 Council decided that it would not proceed with amending the Freedom Camping Bylaw 2015 for Lumsden at this time.  The current bylaw will remain in place for the current summer season.

 

§  Community Leadership Plan - stage 2

Mr Moran advised key issues identified from the workshops for the District going forward were around levels of service, depopulation, volunteering, community development, funding, transport, housing, health and safety.

 

§  Service Delivery Review Update

Mr Moran informed work has been completed to analyse the results of the customer service delivery review survey and has also conducted a demand analysis of services at each Council office and library.

 

§  Parks and Reserves

Mr Moran advised the report on Open Spaces Priority Settings has been received which recommended significant investment in this activity which will be considered as part of the Long Term Plan.

 

Mr Moran advised as the Department of Conservation is now the owner of the Clifden Historic Bridge an onsite meeting is being organised with the aim of coordinating development at this site which includes the bridge, freedom camping and toilet facilities.

 

§  Tuatapere Recycling Container issues

Mr Moran advised that commercial users have been contacted reminding them that the container is intended for domestic use only.  Mr Moran added that the letter also lists potential alternative options for waste disposal i.e. extra wheelie bins or skip bin rental.

 

Members agreed there is an issue in the township of persons disposing of rubbish due to no transfer station in the area.

 

The Board requested an invitation be extended to the Strategic Manager Water and Waste to attend the next informal meeting of the Board to discuss this issue.

 

§  Tuatapere Railway Station Site

Mr Moran provided an update on progress of the relinquishing of the four leases currently held with Mr Colin Brown in relation to the Tuatapere Railway Station, the goods shed, the water tower and rolling stock, to Council.

 

 

Mr Moran advised that further consultation is being undertaken with Mr Brown to clarify the agreement that he holds with Mr Dowling to ensure the correct procedure is undertaken in regards to removal of the equipment from his property.

 

§  Tuatapere Domain issue

Members requested staff arrange for doggie-do-bags to be placed at the Tuatapere Domain for public use with appropriate signage and an accompanying rubbish container. Staff to arrange accordingly.

 

 

Resolution

Moved Member De Vries, seconded Deputy Chairperson Horrell  and resolved:

That the Tuatapere Community Board:

a)            Receives the report titled “Council Report” dated 1 February 2018.

 

 

8.1

Chairperson's Report

 

The Chair, Member Thomas reported on activities she has been involved since the Board’s last meeting.  This included the following;

§  Advice of dead flax being removed from roadsides.

 

§  Advice of ongoing issue of blockages at the public toilets.

 

§  Tuatapere whiteware collection day scheduled for 14 April 2018 - a central collection point has been organised at S Crack Contracting yard.

 

§  Advice of Southland/Otago Area Schools sports day scheduled May 2018 in Tuatapere and an approach from the school for use of Hall; Members agreed fees for Hall to be waived.

 

§  Advice of donation from Mrs Green of two walnut trees with super dirt donated from the Tuatapere Lions Club having been placed in the Heritage Orchard.

 

 

8.2

Councillor's Report

 

Councillor Harpur reported on activities from the District Council table.   These included:

§  Representation Review update - Members were advised a workshop for all Community Boards is scheduled Monday, 1 March 2018 at the Winton Library.

 

§  Update on Waiau River Liaison Group activities - Members expressed concern at Meridian Energy proposal to change the rate it can draw water from both Lake Manapouri and Lake Te Anau when the lakes are in their low operating ranges   Members expressed concern at the negative impact the proposal could have on the lower Waiau rivers flood flow patterns.

 

 

 

 

 

The meeting concluded at 6.40pm                       CONFIRMED AS A TRUE AND CORRECT RECORD AT A MEETING OF THE Tuatapere Community Board HELD ON TUESDAY, 13 FEBRUARY 2018.

 

 

 

DATE:............................................................................................

 

 

 

CHAIRPERSON:........................................................................